Saturday, October 25, 2008

A perfect Saturday

I woke up this morning in a bad mood and thought arrg, what a crappy day. Then, I realized it was after 8 and everyone else was still sleeping, friends showed up with donut holes just to say they were thinking of us, I not only thought that I could get my lesson done for church tomorrow in the hour everyone was gone, but iIactually did get it done in an hour, we spent the afternoon playing flag football-and it never rained and was actually warm despite the forecast, (The craziest -in a good way, thing you've ever seen, look for the post and pics tomorrow), the kids spent a ton of time jumping on the trampoline, feeding the horses, chasing the chickens and playing in the hay loft and weren' ever bored at the party, Em had a friend sleep over and Charlie got home super late from her activitiy- and they were all asleep by 11:30 and we had friends of for a game until about 12:30. So, Shawn and I are sore and tired and glad to go to bed. We're also grateful for the wonderful friends we have and our fabulous family as well. It was a perfect Saturday. I'm so glad my grumpy thoughts this morning were wrong. :)

5 comments:

mcgaelicgal said...

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk248/mcgaelicgal/Bits/hugs-frank.gif

~ Aunt Kirsten

meredith said...

Kirsten that's so cute!!!!!

Nessa said...

I'm glad that the crappy day didn't continue! Keep your head up and realize that sometimes situations/people/weather/and reality...well they SUCK! :)

mcgaelicgal said...

Well shoot...it's supposed to show up as the image. :( Sorry! Oh well. Hugs to you all!

xoxoxo

meredith said...

Shawn made it work, it's a frankenstein. :)