Thursday, October 16, 2008

Money chain


Shawn took a trip to D.C. this week. It was very upsetting to Lily. She started to pack her own things in his suitcase. She packed clothes, P.J.s, her toothbrush and a pillow. When Shawn explained that he didn't have a ticket for her, she got out her piggy bank and showed him all of her money and told him she would buy her own. When I told her that I would miss her and needed her to stay with me and go to preschool, she told me that I had Emily and I could go to preschool by myself. Luckily, Shawn left early Monday morning when Lily was to tired to do more than give him a big hug. She has been fine without him, but we're glad he's on his way back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

darned baby.

Nessa said...

He'll be home tomorrow...life as you know it will return!

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

I love this story! Is she a daddy's girl like that most of the time? I was too.

meredith said...

She's totally a daddy's girl.

Anonymous said...

Did you try explaining that if she spent the money on an airline ticket, she couldn't use it for whatever she had been saving for?

Opportunity cost : The first lesson of economics.

Chris

meredith said...

Somehow i don't think she would have gotten very far on her $10 or so in her piggy bank.

She's hoping for an American Girl doll for Christmas, but is planning on braving the guy in the red suit since her dad has said no way. We'll have to see what happens......