Thursday, October 9, 2008

Almost Home




There are things that are frozen permanently in your mind. Snap shots of how things looked, felt, tasted or smelt. The Sights, tastes, smells, and the feel of the warm sky that shouts New England October were all here on Wednesday. I might as well have been 8. The pictures can't do justice, but here is how our front yard looked yesterday. (BTW, if you look at the pics from the parade, this is the same tree) I hope that your October is going as well as ours!

2 comments:

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Wow! Simply gorgious!!! While we had fun in the hills doing autumn time things, I don't think we'll see many trees like yours this fall considering that all we have around here is palm trees! ha ha.

Every time we mention that we'll be moving to Minnesota once Hormel transfers Jeremy to marketing, people think we are crazy!! Are the winters really that bad?

meredith said...

HHMMMM. I have that honesty thing. I certainly don't want to lie, I guess I'd say that we had a lot worse weather in Rexburg-snow in May, stuff like that, but we're very cold here in Jan/Feb. How about if I promise to give you a case of Swiss Miss when you move back? Shawn goes through a case every winter. That said, we have sledding and ice skating and even swimming at the Y and middle school. AND there are no earthquakes!!!!