Saturday, October 18, 2008

Almost Home/rock solid marriage

Phone conversations that start off with "I have some bad news" never go well. Shawn called Thursday night to say that due to some complications with his trip he would no longer be home Friday night as promised. Instead, he would be home around noon on Saturday. Well, I didn't have to pay for his ticket so really, there's not much I can say. So imagine my surprise when he calls on Friday afternoon to say the Sat. A.M. flight didn't work out and now he's on a Sat. evening flight. He will land around 10 p.m. and hopefully be home by 11:30 p.m. So, while none of this is his fault, I've got some cranky children at home. It has been a LOOOONG week.

On the plus side, I have informed him that I will never divorce him. (In the past I had always said that if he cheated or hit me I'd divorce him.) My new stance is if he ever does those things I'll make him live in the basement and eat cat food , but I'm NOT doing the single parent thing. Especially since as I typed this, Lily has just song out, "MOOOOMMMMYYY, I POOOOOPPPPPPEDDD!!!!! followed by "DaaaaaDDDDDYYYYY is the BEEEEESSSSSTTTTT!" I'm off to wipe a little butt.

2 comments:

mcgaelicgal said...

♥♥♥"comment"♥♥♥ ;-p

Anonymous said...

I've never been threatened with cat food before . . .
My wife is a champ.