Monday, October 27, 2008

People who shouldn't play with knives....

When Eric and Vanessa 1st moved to town, Eric managed to cut himself enough for stitches opening a slice of cheese as he showed off for his kids. A year and 1/2 (or so) later, Vanessa cut herself enough for stitches making food for a party at her home. Tonight, Shawn cut himself on the final cut of carving his pumpkin. My 1st thought was, "I wonder how long he's going to drag this out before he finally just goes to the E.R. My gues was at least an hour, so imagine my surprise when within just a few minutes he says, "This is really deep, I'm going to the E.R." The irony of this injury is of course that i had spent about an hour and a half with about 30 preschoolers and their parents (who included both Eric and Vanessa) and no one cut themselves there. Better luck next time I guess. So, my new thought is, who ended up with more stitches?

6 comments:

TStevens said...

No stitches. They just said suck it up girly man!

Unknown said...

Yuck, what is it about knives. Be more careful, or you could cut something important, like a blood vessel or something.

Nessa said...

Finally...proof that Eric and I aren't the only knife wielding retards out there! By the way, the tip of my thumb is still completely numb...eight months later!

meredith said...

Shawn spent this weekend as a football hero while you spent yours in a blue skirt and yellow wig? Whose the girlyman now buddy!!!

Shawn said...

I must say that the most disappointing part of the whole process was knowing that I was probably not getting sewn up. The glue that is being used now on "minor lacerations" is very good at hiding prizes like this. That being said, I am very grateful for not having been sutured by Dr. Shakesalot. Don't get me wrong, he was very personable and appeared to be very knowledgable, but I gotta tell you that I took one look at how tremulous he was and was very grateful for skin-safe superglue.

Anonymous said...

Shawn, maybe you need a safer hobby... juggling chainsaws, maybe?

Chris