Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cyberstalking definition

I was at a party and 2 things happened. 1st someone asked me if I made up "cyberstalker" and second someone told me that me definition was wrong and that you are only a stalker if you read blogs of people you don't know. So, I am going to assume that I did make up the term and am therefore entitled to define it. If you read a blog and never comment you are a cyberstalker. It does not matter if you know the person whose blog you are reading or not, just as it doesn't matter if you know the person stalking you in person. So if you are reading this right now and you have never commented then you are a stalker- especially if you are using it to gather information.

Now, before all you cyberstalkers get mad, I want to make sure that you know that I love cyberstalkers. If any blogger wants their blog to only be read by people they know, then they make it a private blog. Any open blogs are fair game and are there to be enjoyed. I know of a couple of stalkers who have private blogs but who stalk mine and I'm fine with that as well. (Yup, someone totally ratted you out by mistake.)

So if you read a blog and NEVER comment you are a stalker- and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

You crack me up! But I have to agree with you on the definition.

Noah and I are going to be in Minneapolis for our anniversary next weekend and then the following I will be gone to Utah. So instead we snuck out there today anyway! oh well......;)

Funny thing is that Lisa's pictures most of them did have red noses but with a few tricks of the trade I was able to edit that and make them look just fine!! Awesome huh!

Hey I was wondering if you husband could show me how to make a homemade studio in case I need it for Utah if the weather goes sour. Can you ask him if he has any free time to show me a thing or two?

meredith said...

Shawn says "it's all about the lights" and to give him a call, he'd be glad to help. Great job editing, I saw no red noses. :)

Steve said...

I am making comments so I can be forgiven for all my cyberstalking.

meredith said...

LOL I told you I love cyber stalkers. Feel free to stalk

Jon said...

If you love cyberstalkers, then why do i get threats of bad things if i dont come and post something? I am however anxiously awaiting the pics from D.C.


Jon

Nessa said...

Hey- I think cyberstalking is preferrable to actual stalking. Can you believe that there are actually people who creeped around and peeked in the new Walmart windows before it even opened...FREAKS!!!:)

meredith said...

Nessa, that is VERY Creepy- that's why Shawn and I just DROVE by the new walmart. We never actually got out of our cars or anything. We just looked where the paper was down while we drove. Actually going up to the doors and windows would have been very creepy!

Dane said...

Okay, I'm a stalker! You're moving to Mass? You guys are adorable, I miss you! How the heck are ya? -Dana