Monday, October 27, 2008

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to


We have been learning the Five Little Pumpkins at preschool all month long. (If you don't know it you can google it, but having done it so many times, I just don't want to say it again. ) We are performing it at our pumpkin carving party tonight for all of the parents. Lily, who is in my class on Thursdays and Fridays, has practiced very hard at school as well as at home. All of the children have been eagerly waiting for the party. One little girl was absent today and I thought , "wow, what a hard day to be absent from school, she must be very sad to miss all the fun." And, it will be very sad for her. There's only one thing that i can think of that's worse and that's when you get sick at school and find out that not only are you not going to the party, but your mom, one of the preschool teachers, still is. This of course happened to Lily today. She gets full marks for 1) telling me she needed to be sick a full 90 seconds before she was, and 2) for actually being sick in a the lined garbage can at school. Lily rocks, but is very sad because she'll now miss the party. I of course feel incredibly guilty because I will still be there. It really doesn't get much worse-unless one of us comes down with this on Halloween......

6 comments:

Nessa said...

Bite your tongue...no one is going to get sick...at least they better not! I need all my slaves to bring in the candy!

meredith said...

lol the fallen will be dragged along- they can puke in the bushes.

mcgaelicgal said...

SO sorry to hear that Lily is sick! Hope she feels better very soon, and hope the rest of you guys don't come down with it too! :-o

Your football adventure sounds like a blast!! :D

Love & hugs to all...Kirs

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that Lilly got sick but am glad that she told you.Mom

meredith said...

Well she threw up right in front of me so she really couldn't hide it.........

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

After you said that you were sad for the absent student, I thought you were going to say that you found out she was Jehovah's witness!