Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kicking and Screaming

UPDATE: this post is meant to help some family members new to posting. It it NOT meant to reflect on the ablilities of previous posters. Sorry for the confusion!!!
I understand how hard new technology is. Shawn is often explaining new tech stuff to me, usually many times. So, I am leaving the most direct directions I can for how to leave a comment on a blog. Each entry is called a post. At the bottom of the post is a time stamp. It says posted by meredith and shows the time I posted. One the right it says a number of comments. (Like 3 comments) To leave a comment you left click on the number of comments. This will bring to a new page. That page will show all of the comments and have a empty box under the words leave your comment. You click in that box and write what you want to say. Then, you will see a bunch of random letters. You type those in the box marked word verification. After you do that you click on leave anonymous since you don't have a blogger/google account. Then click post your comment. You will get a comment that tells you that your comment has been saved and you are done. It's very easy and a lot of fun- it's also cheaper than calling me and telling me what you think of the blog. :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So this is all on the bottom of the post? Or was that the top? :0)

Unknown said...

THANK YOU I THINK I CAN DO IT ALL BY MYSELF NOW. MAYBE MAYBE NOT

Nessa said...

Oh- have you read the book "the Idiots Guide to Leaving a Blog Comment"? :)

meredith said...

A couple of family members were looking for some help leaving comments. You already know how pissy I get when people are mean to my family. Let's leave it at that and be nice.
BTW - there is an idoits guide to blogging and it is in my house right now, but no, I haven't read it.

Shawn said...

lol

Anonymous said...

Tanks, maybe.
I get it now!
I read the Idiot's guide and it didn't help, but your instructions did!
I still don't get why this is so great compared to email, but my mom didn't get the telephone being better than the telegraph...

Anonymous said...

I don't know where they are going, but I keep typing and clicking and never see what I "post".

TStevens said...

Hello? Is this thing on?

I am still not sure what you are talking about. Can you be more clear?



BTW (stands for big thick waist) Ihow about a little acknowledgement on getting the number of stitches right. Suck it up debate watching dodgeball avoiding girly man!

meredith said...

Shawn has previously agreed to broadcast the debates. He wasn't home watching but at work broadcasting them. I don't know who got more stitches- please offer up numbers. Shawn of course did not get the most since he got 0
BTW he's so dissappointed to have missed dodgeball. When are you doing it again.

AND this is better than email b/c everyone can read it and comment and the pics don't bounce back at me.