Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Are you stupid or a coward?

Over the last week I have read/heard about some really rude comments on many blogs all from "anonymous" posters. These posts have picked on a child's project, tried to express political views but included rude language and no substance, or have simply been vicious attacks. My friend Vaneesa and I were talking about it today and we can't come to a consensus. Are these people just really stupid or cowards? What do you think?
Post a comment and let me know- but not anonymously, because I won't post it.

Meredith's vote- they're cowards. They know their veiws are illogical and rather than signing their name and saying this is how I feel, they pick on other people for having a different view,

4 comments:

TStevens said...

I myself am a dumbass - ask around, people talk.

The only way for people to identify what true idiots they are is to let them speak. Ask yourself, has this anonymous poster accomplished anything but turn people off from their position? So in the end they are doing their cause a disservice; and the only way to do that is to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

Unknown said...

Is both an option? If I have to pick I will go with coward - I don't know what comments your speaking of but anyone who feels strongly about something that they have to say should be willing to put their name to it.

Anonymous said...

None of the above.

Mean, perhaps.
Politically active, possible.
Used to the 'hidden' nature of Usenet and chat boards, absolutely.

Flaming is a fact of life. Not always pleasant, but often useful, depending on your purposes.

Chris

Nessa said...

I have had some anonymous posts that were pretty rude on my blog...and even some concerning me on other blogs! I just think that using our blogs as a weapon, or an excuse to rant and yell at people, or vent about your spouse, isn't a good thing. We all like to joke around and teaqse...which is fine, but when things get malicious, it ruins the fun! I agree that I might start comment moderation so that I can weed out the rude comments.