Wednesday, January 21, 2009

You get PAID to do that?


Sometimes I can't believe how lucky I am. I spent this morning sledding and making snow angels, having a rootbeer float and reading stories, finger painting and dancing/singing (no, my singing is still bad). I did all of this in a T-shirt, jeans, and sneakers (or boots, snow pants and a coat) with 16 little smiling faces who were having a ball. I can't imagine a better job then being a preschool teacher. I get every day off my kids have (including snow days :) ) and I get to play all morning, I'm (usually) home by 12:30 AND, I get treated like a rock star whenever my kids run into me at the store/library/park. I know you all probably love your jobs as well, but except for being a parent, I just can't imagine that your job is as great as mine.
Special thanks to Dawn who told me about the job and encouraged me to apply and Dawn, Nessa, Merilee and Renee for sharing your kids/grandkids with me. They're so much fun and they really brighten my day.

5 comments:

Nessa said...

I'm glad you like it, because we still have Jax and Finnegan to get through!

Dawn said...

I am sending you a picture

mcgaelicgal said...

I'm so pleased for you, Meredith!! :) It's such a blessing to even tolerate your job, let alone LOVE it!! And knowing you, you're just great at it! (Hafta say, I envy you a bit! ;-p)

Keep up the good work!

Love & XOs ~ Kirsten

TStevens said...

Yet again you lure me in with a promising blog post title, only to disappoint me once again. I so imagined this going somewhere else.

meredith said...

sorry thresher. If it helps I had a particularly dirty day yesterday. It included using food in a new way, but really it wasn't something I'd like to repeat. Luckily all of the peanut butter came off the walls, but I'm not sure if I'll be able get it off Lily's clothes- or the jam off the towels.