Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Little House on the Prairie


When we first made the decision to move to Minnesota, I was a little nervous. The only things I

really knew about Minnesota was from watching Little House on the Prairie, which I knew was actually filmed in Califonia. I had read the books as a kid, but I didn't remember much. I decided to read them again after we moved here, and was struck in fear by the one called The Long Cold Winter. After living here for 6 years, I decided that we really do have some global warmimg issues and those kind of frigid winters are gone. After several days witrh standing temps well below freezing for the high, -20 or more for the lows and wind chills putting us at 40 below or worse, I'm pretty sure that this is going to be our long cold winter. I hope that it warms up soon!

6 comments:

Nessa said...

Freaks me out when I wake-up and say wow it's going to be warm, when I see that it will be in the 20's! Why did we move here again?

meredith said...

Because we didn't read the books first!!!!!

Unknown said...

What made you choose Minnesota?

My brother used to make me laugh - he went to college in Laramie, WY - and when it was 20 degrees outside in the winter he and his friends were in shorts and BBQing.

Anonymous said...

JT comes home from school striping off his clothes down to a a pair of shorts and lounging on the couch everyday. That is what you get when you are born and raised in Minnesota.
Cold is not really cold like it is to the rest of us. Its Lisa BTW

meredith said...

It's so cold that by 9:00 p.m. tonight they cancelled school for tomorrow do to windchill. We'll be sitting at about 50 below zero with the wind chill tomorrow. We could go up more than 80 degrees and still be below zero. You'd better tell JT to leave his clothes on.

Anonymous said...

That sounds unbelieveable, Meredith- I could not do it! We have been around 0-10 last couple of days, and that is bad enough- the dogs keep wondering why I won't go out for a walk!
Anne