Monday, August 4, 2008

Relay for Life/ Breaking Dawn/Charlie


I know that we need to allow children to make their own mistakes and learn from them, but I am obviously having trouble learning from my own!!!! I went to Walmart about 11:30 Friday night to get the final book in the Twilight Saga. Excited to read, I stayed up until 3:30. Then, I got up at 6:30 so that Charlie and I could be ready for her to go horseback riding with a friend. We got home at about 9:30 and shawn let me nap from about 10:30-2:00- when I started getting ready for the Relay for Life. We had team pictures, opening exercises and several other things to do before I went home and got ready for walking and put the kids to bed. (Exhausted from our trip to the Mall of America the day before, everyone but Emily and I fell asleep infront of a movie) I walked about 2.7 miles from 11-midnight and spent about 25 minutes in jail (my team mates kept paying for me to go- they thought it was funny.....) and went home to shower (it was very sticky out) and try to sleep. Of course I really had trouble sleeping and was REALLY tired when Vanessa showed up about 4:45 so we could walk again. We finished at 7:00 a.m. ( and walked 8.8 miles in 2 hours!!!!) and found out that we raised $79,000. Not bad for our little town!!!
Still, I fell alseep at church, napped ALL afternoon, and did a total of almost 13 miles (I would have hit 1/2 a marathon if I hadn't gone to jail.)...... Kudos to everyone who came- Renee for being our chair, Vanessa for walking a 1/2 marathon with a baby in tow- , David for walking a whole marathon, Sue for walking and relighting the luminaries all night long, the Asays for walking with 4 kids and the Flatts for walking and being so cheerful. Also a big nasty tththththhttppppp to the Asays, Andersons, and Flatts for throwing me in jail twice. You're all going down next year!!!!

4 comments:

Nessa said...

I had so much fun...next year we'll make sure that we have extra cash for "bail"!

Anonymous said...

wow! congratulations, Meredith! you did great- Katie is trying to get through the Twilight series now. This blog is becoming a 'where in the world is Meredith?' exercise! (I kid you,when was the last time I had a pix taken?)love, Anne

Anonymous said...

I wasn't crazy about the Twilight series. Warning Spoiler ahead.

Last warning to stop reading.

I wasn't happy with the end. I felt Jacob really loved Bella and he showed it in everything he did. Bella's relationship with Edward was not healthy. She was never confident in his love and she wasn't happy. It was more obsession than love. I wanted Jacob to win.

meredith said...

LOL- I was always team Edward. I was pretty sure that Jacob would imprint though I didn't think about who. I feel like they (Edward and Bella) truly love each other and that Jacob didn't respect her, though I do agree that he did love her. I'm also very excited but Midnight Sun. I've read the 1st chapter online and can't wait for the book.