Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Locks for Love




Emily by nature is a humble girl. She is, however, aware that she has beautiful hair. She decided a few weeks ago to donate her hair to Locks for Love, an organization that uses donated human hair to make wigs for cancer patients. Emily shared how happy it made her do know that someone would be able to have hair because she cut hers off. Then, as almost an after thought added, "And you know mom, they're REALLY lucky to get my hair, because it's so beautiful."
At least she's kind, if a bit vain. She say her goal is to grow it out again so that she can donate again. I just love how cute she looks- and knowing that the hair brushing struggles will be far easier

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She looks so cute and it will be so much easier to handle for school.

Ashley said...

She looks adorable with that short hair!

Nessa said...

I love that cut...wait I have that cut! Well, I guess it's good that I love it!

Paige said...

i love that Emily, tell her I have also decided to grow my hair out again for locks of love. And I agree some little girl will be lucky to have my hair, just like for em.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

Ha ha. I love Emily's comment about her hair. But she's right!

meredith said...

Nessa, wait til you see Charlie's hair- you have the same cut AND color!!!!!!