Friday, July 25, 2008

Odometer Readings

This summer, as gas keeps rising, we're working on walking/biking more and driving less. I have some great friends that are far better at it than me- Lisa bikes everywhere- with upto 5 kids in tow and Vanessa walks every where- with 1 on a bike, 2 in a stroller and one strapped to her chest. so, my walking/biking isn't extreme, but we're saving money on gas and getting more exercise. This week, we managed about 32 miles in the car- not bad when you think of how many miles it will be next week- when we go to the Mall of America

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Go biking, only two tanks of gas since May. YEA I need the extra money for the rising food prices and the growing kids.

Nessa said...

I know what you mean! I just wish I could figure out how much gas I've saved by walking so much with the kids!

Ashley said...

haha I love you blog guys!! When are you going to the MOA? ANd what are you doing there? I want to go there and shop at H&M SO BADLY!! And I want to see the new park too!

meredith said...

Charlie and emily are acedemic All Stars so we go to a special ceremony and then hang all day at the mall- we're hitting the outlets on the way back too for some back to school shopping. Should be fun- except allof Lily's trips to the bathroom!