Monday, April 20, 2009

Gratitude

Life has been really crazy around here lately. Sometimes we are so busy that we forget to take a minute to even breathe. Right now, some very important people in our lives are facing serious health issues and others have lost family/friends unexpectedly. So, I have been thinking a lot about everything I have to be grateful for. Here's a partial list:
My family- each of my children and my husband who freakin rocks. Thanks for always forgiving me when I'm stupid and for always loving me. I'm grateful for every day you're part of my life- and for the eternities beyond.
Great friends who have become extended families and for my extended family who have become my great friends. Our lives would not be the same without you. My phone would never ring at 8 a.m. to the question, "Did you work out today? What do you mean you didn't save that tax receipt?, or want to scrapbook today? I never knew I'd have friends and family (except for Shawn and the girls of course)that I'd love so fiercely.
I'm grateful for my health and the health of my family.
I'm grateful for a job that I love AND that I get to bring Lily to each day.
I'm grateful for the good weather and for snow days
And for way tasty foods- anything Shawn makes, Nessa's frosting, roasted veggies and those freakin cookies we'll never get the recipe too, Lisa's bars and pooh balls, Carolyn's potato casserole and Boston creme pies. They have nourished my heart.
I'm grateful for a ton more things but I'm off to make dinner so I can walk the dog again (for the 4th time today) and yes, I will blog about him soon!

No comments: