Monday, September 15, 2008

Driving in a small town

I had to run some errands this afternoon. On my way to the post office I saw Dawn driving the opposite direction . I beeped but she didn't hear as she was talking to one of her children. A few minutes later I stopped by Vanessa's house to drop off a check. (And as a good friend always does, I made the check out to her even though her husband picked something up for me, thank you Eric). As I pulled in her driveway I noticed that Eric was already home- which is quite early for him. I also noticed that her garage was magically opening. When I looked out my window I saw why- she was trying to come home. So after I gave her a check I started heading home. Vanessa's family lives just a few blocks from mine so less than a minute later I saw Shawn drive by on his way to meeting for the City Council. As I approached our home, I noticed another friend parked in my driveway. He was dropping off roast beef from a "tasting" where he works. As I said thank you to him, Shawn called my cell phone to tell me to thank as well. Driving by our house he noticed our friend (and the roast beef) and wanted to make sure and say thank you. All this happened less than a mile from my house- I bet none of you have this kind of thing happening in your small town- but if you do share it, because it's so random it's kind of funny. :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE THAT ABOUT AUSTIN!! Seriously that is one of the reasons that I have adjusted so well to living here so far. Everyone is so friendly.

Unknown said...

I see people that I know Too much, always when I need a shower. Close town, but why cannot see people when I look good and clean? No comments please, not a real question(scared of the comments you may have.)

TStevens said...

It happens to me all the time. Just the other day I was dropping off some roast beef I found in the trash. Then the lady of the house came home and then her husband drove by - well you see how it goes. Wait, did I say trash? I meant tasting, yeah, a tasting.