Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping



We went camping last weekend. It started off a little scary since it was raining, but by the time we had the tents up and the fire going the rain had stopped. We had Shawn's dutch oven chicken and potatoes for dinner and his fabulous pancakes, bacon, eggs and potatoes for breakfast. The whole trip was a ton of fun. The highlights included when Shawn scared all the kids (there were 7) and Lisa and I were laughing so hard at the kids screams- until her husband David did the same thing to us! We stayed up way to late and had so much fun. The only scary part was the next morning when the kids took another hike. They never came back. After about 90 minute Lisa and I got nervous and started looking for them. It turns out that the took a 3 mile hike to the zoo. Charlie had mentioned the zoo and I gave her permission to go all while I was not paying attention. We were relieved to catch up with them- and especially proud of C who called from the zoo to say it took them awhile to get there. Unfortunately she called my cell phone which was dead. So the kids were fine and the only thinh hurt was my pride. A family pulled up to the zoo as we were leaving. They took one look at Lisa and I- unshowered and frazzled and the 7 children in tow and wouldn't park their jaguar until we were well out of the parking lot. They seriously had their car 1/2 in the space until we were gone. Also a special You rock to Shawn who cooked all the food and set up our tent and walked to the bathroom with me at 3 a.m. He said he wanted to make sure we all had fun so we'd go again. I can't wait to go next year! Thanks to the Peters for coming with us and for bringing great food. It was so much fun.

No comments: