Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gratitude







What a great few weeks it has been. I am reminded over and over how blessed my family is.
We have great friends. Friends we laugh with and cry with, friends we stay up way to late with and get up way to early with. The kind of people who take their own hair out of a ponytail so they can braid Lily's, who insist on taking our kids (and dog!) so that Shawn and I can have a night to ourselves. Friends who drop off treats, send us cards, include us in their holidays , making us part of their families. These are the kinds of people that truly bless our lives.
We're also blessed to have healthy children. Children who are bright, articulate, and kind. As a mom, the thing that humbles me the most, is when these 3 children forgive my short comings and carry on as some of the kindest people I know. They easily forgive the unkind people in their lives and move on quickly. They love fiercely and make every day brighter for me and those around them.
We're blessed with the gift of music. Some of my family sing like angels. And, more importantly, they think the rest of us do as well. I can't imagine a day that isn't filled with music. Home (and at Grandpa Al's) we can belt it out no matter how we sound.
We're blessed with laughter. There are days when our home, car, friends' homes and cars just ring with laughter. Laughing til we cry and are afraid we might wet ourselves (well at least those of us who have given birth) make for some of my favorite days/memories.
Spring. We're blessed with a beautiful and mild spring. After more years than my whole family has lived combined, we had a March with not only no snow, but warm spring days. After months of cold, dark, days, we have crocuses and daffidils in bloom and irises on the way.
So, we are truly blessed and have so much to be grateful for. We hope you do as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My my! If I didn't know you, I'd say you are telling a tall tale. But I know you and am happy to know you are living the good life. It's not the breaths we take in a moment but the moments that take our breath away that count.
Love you
Grandma Camp

Unknown said...

That's a beautiful post - and I love the picture of the girls sleeping. Must have been a long day lol

meredith said...

Actually we just have had a really great weekend filled with really great friends. There were some mishaps though- Shawn got popped in the mouth with a paint ball (yeah for face masks!), and Sam got sick But we still have 2 egg hunts, a pizza party, and a fabulous Easter dinner before we say good bye to this great Easter weekend. (One of the egg hunts and the pizzas are tomorrow, so they aren't actually on the weekend) but still, life is good here.

Nessa said...

We love you too...and lets be honest, my hair is too short for a pony tail anyway...:) Lily's hair looked cute, even with the 'ketsup streaks'!

meredith said...

Nessa- imagine how bad it would have been w/o your hairband? That would have been a TON of lovely red streaks lol