Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas in the City
























































One of the things I love most about living in a small town in the midwest is that December is still Christmastime and it's an all out celebration. Our little town holds a numerous Holiday Events. Some of them ( such as the touring of lovely homes all decked out for the holidays) predate our nation, and some are not quite so old but still have been going on longer than we've been around. The first major Christmas event is Christmas in the City which is held each year on the Friday after Thanksgiving. The town's Christmas lights get lit, there are carolers, wagon/sleigh rides, and some many free events and activities that it doesn't seem possible that such a little town could put it all on- until you meet the people here, and then of course it does. So this post includes pictures from the night after Thanksgiving. Our girls all danced in the Nutcracker which is also part of the celebration. alot of time and work goes into the performance both from the dancers and the teachers, and it's another one of the great free events going on during December.
The last picture is of course of our very own home, all decked out and ready for Christmas. We're still snow free, but thanks to my awesome husband, at least we've got great lights. And yes, those are the old fashioned big bulbed lights that we love so much.

5 comments:

Dane said...

Super cute! I want to see your girls dancing, I bet they are smashin'! I'm also a little bummed that I don't know what your house looks like. I'm assuming you don't live IN the gazebo? But it is incredibly impressive!

meredith said...

LOL no we don't live in the gazebo. The gazebo is at the Hormel House. The next post has a picture of the house in Christmas lights. ( I think). :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was also wondering when you had moved into the Gazebo. Seemed a rash move for such a cold climate.
The girls are wonderful of course. Keep the pix coming!
Grand ma Camp

Aleath said...

Hi Meredith! Sounds like fun! I love snow days. I love having the kids home with me. I miss them when they are gone. The storm did not hit us that hard we actually did not have a snow day. The girls looked darling in all their activities this month. Talk to you soon. Merry Christmas. Love ya Aleath

Aleath said...

What a fun snow day! I love snow days with my kids! I miss them while they are at school. The storm did not hit here as hard as they thought,so no snow day for us. The kids look darling in all their activities. Talk to you soon. Merry Christmas. Love ya. Aleath