Wednesday, November 25, 2009

the WORST gifts EVER


I know this post needs some really great pics, but I'm really far behind on baking pies, so the pics will come later.
Anyway, this time of year my favorite stories are always the ones about the worst presents people ever got. I can't wait to read them b/c I laugh so hard that I almost wet myself. So, please share here the worst gifts you've ever gotten. Here are my 2 favorite.

1. the year one of Shawn's boss's gave us a Thanksgiving turkey. He did that every year ans normally that's a very kind gift. That particular year, he was out of town and din't get the turkeys to his employees until 2 weeks after Thanksgiving. This again, would not be so bad except that the turkeys had sat in his garage for the 2 weeks during an unexpected warm spell. When he got around to handing out the turkeys, they were already rancid- and he still handed them out! (One guy left his in the bed of his truck and would shoot it full of nails from his nail gun until a cat dragged it off.

and 2. someone once gave us a joint gift of a set of glasses. As we opened them, she announced that she had recieved the same set the year before and had chosen to keep 1/2 the set. When we got them home we found a little "extra" gift in our half- mouse droppings. Needless to say, we never used those glasses.

Now it's your turn- what crazy, wierd gifts have you received that made you think "what were they Thinking?" BTW please don't use the names of the gift givers or post one here from a giver that reads this blog. :)

1 comment:

Grandma Camp said...

This is a different question. I think that most people tend to try to forget the worst Christmas Ever. I recall some miserable Christmases, but no miserable gifts.
One Christmas I was very very poor and Kati was still quite young. She was in pre-school. I didn't have any money to buy anything. Somehow I got a small tree. She and I made some paper chains and popcorn strings. On Christmas Eve, some fine folks came by with everything. Food, gifts and hope. I shall always remember that year.
And another time...