Thursday, October 8, 2009

Minnesota IS nice




While I am often homesick and just wish that I could get back to New England- where the seafood is fabulous, the people are fun and fall colors are beautiful, I have to admit that this week has been a great week to remind me home fabulous the nice people of Minnesota can be. First, several people have called me up out of the blue to say really nice things about my children. Then I received a raise at work . (Wahoo), a great friend dropped off fabulous cookies as well as a cute basket of fall treats, another sent cookies with Shawn, our neighbor sent over some cake and another great friend heard that I wasn't feeling well and brought my family dinner, and another friend is bringing Em home from school so my sick Lily can stay in her PJs on the couch. Add to that the fact that we finally had a sunny and warm day yesterday after 2 weeks of rain and the fact that our tree actually did turn a beautiful shade of red and orange (instead of the ugly brown leaves it started dropping a week ago), and the sky is that beautiful October blue. I know you can't tell it from my poor pictures, but I swear it's that exact October Blue. So, while I miss New England so much- especially during the fall, I've got to admit that the great friends and joys of this October day, really do make it so nice to be in Minnesota.

2 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B said...

It grows on you.

grandma camp said...

Sorry to hear you still suffer from homesickness. Your tree is beautiful. Florida doesn't offer much in the way of a pretty fall either. Just the relief from the humidity. Wish I was closer, I can't make cookies, but I do make a great pound cake!
Hurray about the raise!
Grandma Camp