Saturday, December 20, 2008

A REAL tree....and some false crow


We had a great time going to get our Christmas tree. We took some friends who are new to the area and new to cutting your own tree down with us and had a great morning. After getting our tree set up- but not decorated, we headed to Rochester to do some shopping. We were seeing the "Christmas Forest" at one store when Charlie leaned in and said, "how will Emily and I share our Christmas tree? ", referring to a homely red tinsel tree I bought as a Valentine's Tree several years ago when the girls could not bear to take the Christmas Tree down. So, C and E had claimed it in their room each Christmas. Now that they don't share a room anymore, Charlie needed her own. There were trees on sale for $7 so I bought her one. Em, seeing that Char's tree actually looks like a tree (is green and not made out of tinsel) wanted one as well. Lily of course decided she must have one as well- and has inherited the red tinsel tree. So, Our Real Tree Only house now has 1 beautiful large REAL tree- and 3 false trees- 4 if you count the Charlie Brown one I bought for Shawn's office. So that crow is tasty pretty fake right now......




5 comments:

Nessa said...

Yeah...you didn't forget how to blog! I was terrified that you had some strange disease that rendered you incapable of typing, but I am happy to see that you are back in the land of blogs! Welcome...we've missed you!

meredith said...

Sadly I've just been too lazy to get the pics on the computer- and sheepish at having 3 false trees in my home!!!!

Anonymous said...

3 falsies. Hmmm. When did it happen that everyone had to have a tree in their room?
Very nice pix of Shawn and ? Its hard to tell with all of the wrapping.
Grandma

meredith said...

It's Shawn and Emily. I guess everyone started "needing" a tree this year. I could be worse, a friend told me that her sister has a tree in every room of her house. We just have 4- and 1 Charlie Brown tree in Shawn's office. Really it's not like it's a big deal. It's not like I went out and bought them all ornaments for each tree or anything......well, not A LOT of ornaments........

Anonymous said...

Everyone seems to have gotton the multiple tree thing. It is something "I don't get". For me it was exciting to be in the room with The Tree. It was so special, the color, the smell, the lights, all was so magical.
A friend of mine in Florida, with no children at home, had several trees in her condo. One was especially for the New Orleans Saints. (Husband's Alma Martar), there were other theme trees, but that one was outstanding.
Things change. I really feel like a grandma. Anyway thanks for the wonderful pix of the kids and my son. Love to all!