Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I eat worms again today!











One of the things i love best about my job is all the fun things I get to do at school. Now i know we all want to believe that we have the best jobs ever, but really, I do. I doubt that anyone reading this has recently enjoyed eating dirt and worms or even been served marshmallows and hot dogs at work recently. But, as a preschool teacher i not only get to eat them- I got to choose them.
Last week C was for camping and we did a pretend camp out complete with campfire songs, a tent, sleeping bags, "roasted" marshmallows and even hot dogs. This week D is for digging and we got to dig in the dirt for worms -and then eat them. Okay so the dirt was chocolate pudding and cookies and the worms were the gummy variety, but it was a TON of fun. I'd love to show you all of the great pictures I took, but I only have asked 3 families (who were already great friends) if they minded if I posted their kids pics. So, you'll start seeing the same 3 kids over and over- but i promise there are a ton more. I've eaten dirt with 30 kids so far this week and have 16 more to do it with again tomorrow.
I hope you love your job as much as I love mine- but if you don't get to eat worms you're missing out!

2 comments:

Nessa said...

At least it was pretend dirt...they've eaten the real thing in the past! :)

meredith said...

it was great pretend dirt- chocolate pudding and crushed chocolate cookies. So Tasty :)