Saturday, August 15, 2009

The Fair














































We spent a couple of days at our local county fair. We took the girls Friday night and did a lot of our traditional favorites. The girls road rides, eat their favorite foods, played games and saw tons of animals. We also saw something new to our fair- Cannonball Smith was shot out of his cannon, over the ferris wheel and then landed safely in his net. It was a sight to behold. Besides all the fun we had as a family, Shawn and I are getting ready to go back tonight where we will watch the conbine derby. It will be one of our most interesting dates ever!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did that go? The only time I attended the demo derby I was shocked by all the shirt and shoeless people there.

JEREMY AND SARAHLYNN said...

The fair looks like a lot of fun!! Good to see what you are up to.

We're still keeping all the Minnesota life in mind. Not sure when we'll be there, but eventually we will!

Nessa said...

The fair was fun...I always need to get in my cotton candy fix! (No...i didn't share with the kids!)

meredith said...

LOL I remember you saying that so I was actually on the lookout for shoeless people. I only saw 1 shoeless person and he was under 4. The derby was a great place for kids to be as they had a drawing for John Deer and Casin toys- some worth several hundred dollars. Almost every kid there got on b/c they had so many.

So lots of free stuff for kids very few shoeless people and lots of normal people from town.

Grandma Camp said...

Ahem, that's combine as in the machine combines several functions in one machine. There are potato combines,wheat combines, etc.
I love you however!
Grandma Camp
What's up with Emily and the long face?

meredith said...

I'm not sure what was up w/ that shot. She actually had a great time at the fair!